Re: chromium not in Squeeze: a bit of communication needed?

Michael Gilbert <michael.s.gilbert@gmail.com> writes:

> This solution may be more complicated than necessary.  I just re-read
> backports' documentation.  It looks like automatic updates are prevented
> due to the use of the 'NotAutomatic' flag in the release file.  I'd be
> interested in understanding the logic for that setting and debating
> whether it could be disabled.

APT now has a wishlist bug[1] to support setting a pin of 100 from the
archive (just as the NotAutomatic flag).  This would enable updates to
be installed if the user choose to install the backported version.

Regards,
Ansgar

[1] <http://bugs.debian.org/596097>