Re: Please unblock coinutils / coinor-symphony / coinor-cbc

On Tue, 2010-09-07 at 21:09 +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-09-07 at 21:22 +0200, Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
> > I am not really sure what to do. I forgot to build depend on a newer
> > version of coinutils in the package coinor-cbc causing a FTBS in squeeze
> > (see http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=595847 ).
> >
> > However, coinutils and coinor-symphony both are waiting to enter squeeze
> > for 65 / 117 days now due to atlas not entering squeeze.
> >
> > So what now? Shall I fix the build-depends in cbc and do a new upload or
> > could someone hint all of the coinor-* / coinutils packages to enter
> > squeeze (which would also fix the above FTBS) even though atlas is not
> > yet through?
>
> Forcing the current coin* packages in to testing wouldn't resolve the RC
> bug; if coinor-cbc requires a minimum version of coinutils in order to
> build then that needs to be specified in the build-dependencies.
>
> It would also need a very large britney hammer, as it would render the
> armel packages of coin* uninstallable; they depend on libatlas3gf-base
> which doesn't exist on armel in testing.

OK, I've uploaded coinor-cbc_2.5.0-2 fixing the build depends. Please
unblock such that it can enter testing after 2 days.

Thanks.

> Regards,
>
> Adam

Soeren
--
For the one fact about the future of which we can be certain is that it
will be utterly fantastic. -- Arthur C. Clarke, 1962