Re: Please unblock coinutils / coinor-symphony / coinor-cbc

On Tue, 2010-09-07 at 21:22 +0200, Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
> I am not really sure what to do. I forgot to build depend on a newer
> version of coinutils in the package coinor-cbc causing a FTBS in squeeze
> (see http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=595847 ).
>
> However, coinutils and coinor-symphony both are waiting to enter squeeze
> for 65 / 117 days now due to atlas not entering squeeze.
>
> So what now? Shall I fix the build-depends in cbc and do a new upload or
> could someone hint all of the coinor-* / coinutils packages to enter
> squeeze (which would also fix the above FTBS) even though atlas is not
> yet through?

Forcing the current coin* packages in to testing wouldn't resolve the RC
bug; if coinor-cbc requires a minimum version of coinutils in order to
build then that needs to be specified in the build-dependencies.

It would also need a very large britney hammer, as it would render the
armel packages of coin* uninstallable; they depend on libatlas3gf-base
which doesn't exist on armel in testing.

Regards,

Adam