Re: Please consider migrating gearman-interface 0.13.2-2 to testing

On Mon, 2010-08-23 at 11:36 -0700, Clint Byrum wrote:
> Hi Adam, thanks very much for taking a look!
>
> On Aug 21, 2010, at 11:45 AM, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> > So far as I can see, this:
> >
> > [ -f python/libgearman.c.orig ] || [ -f python/libgearman.c ] && mv -f python/libgearman.c python/libgearman.c.orig || true
> >
> > will attempt the mv if python/libgearman.c.orig exists but
> > python/libgearman.c does not; was that intentional?
> >

> Definitely not. The intention is to only do the move if libgearman.c.orig
> does not exist, and libgearman.c does.

That's what I assumed.  Having said that, although the test is clearly
not as clear as it could be (as demonstrated by it not doing what you
intended) the failure case I mentioned doesn't actually have any
negative effects afaics.

> I suppose this actually does the same thing:
>
> mv -n python/libgearman.c python/libgearman.c.orig || true

Aside from the fact that (for backports or partial upgrades) lenny's mv
doesn't support -n, yeah :)

Regards,

Adam