Re: Freeze exception: roaraudio, muroard, libao

reflum,

On Tue, 2010-08-17 at 13:22 +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 09:07:37PM +0200, Patrick Matth??i wrote:
>
> > It is not oss-only; roaraudio just fucks up in the current code base if
> > there is ONLY alsa available.
>
> Could you be more specific please?  One of the biggest motiviations for
> removing OSS is to get rid of the need for the OSS compatibility bodges
> which cause all sorts of pain for ALSA.

Patrick and I talked about this a bit more and I found a solution which
makes everyone happy I hope:
we remove the OSS backend completly and use the libao plugin and because
of this use OSS or ALSA or whatever is selected by libao. This removes
all depends on the actual soundsystem completly from the package.

The package is unchanged expect a small patch updating a single line in
the configuration header and one line in the Makefile.

If this is ok with you we will upload by tomorrow I guess.

--
Philipp.
 (Rah of PH2)