Freeze exception: roaraudio, muroard, libao

flum,

I'd like to ask for a freeze exception for the packages roaraudio,
muroard and libao. The freeze hit us while working on some updates
fixing bugs relevant to debian.

Here is a list of why I think the packages should be unblocked for
update:
muroard:
        missing depends on oss-compat (#592911). If the package is not
        installed muroard may become completly unusable.

roaraudio:
        from offical changelog (you can find a commented diffstat at the
        end of this mail:
        * Fixed locking bug with libroaross and Audacity
          (Make Audacity work again)
        * Added working resampler code thanks to maister.
          (Closes: #592017)
        * Changed way to find default driver.
          (Do not fail on ALSA only systems)
        * Updated Debian init script
          (Small fixes and cleanups)
        * Added VS API
          (added a small API for simpler access. if this is a problem,
           we can provide a version without it just for Debian.)
        * Fixed strange bug in RSound emulation killing streams
          after long time.
        * Disabled build of broken libao and audacious
          (they are in upstream now)

        Here is the current changelog for the new version with comments
        as above:
        [ Patrick MatthÀi ]
        * Add missing dependencies to the libroar-dev package.

        [ Philipp Schafft ]
        * Added symlink for libsndio.so -> libsndio.so.* in -dev package
        (this fixes a FTBFS of libao triggered by the libroar-compat0
        package)
        * Install bash completion script
        (We can remove this if needed for the unblock)
        * Enabled ALSA support, recommend OSS.
        (This is needed on ALSA only systems. Without it the package
        becomes completly unusable on ALSA only systems)
        * Enabled CELT (0.7.1) support
        (This enables the CELT support for RA as it updates internels to
        support the CELT version shiped with Debian.
        If you do not like this we can disable it again.)

libao:
        I talked to the offical maintainer (John Ferlito) and he gave me
        his ok for this mail.
        libao currently FTBFS if RoarAudio is installed. This requires
        fix in libao and fix as stated above.
        The bug (#592013) in libao was fixed in 1.0.0-5 which is hold
        back because of the freeze. The bug in RA has no BTS entry
        currently.
        We would like to add a Depends instead of a Conflicts or
        something to fix this as this will in addition enable roar and
        sndio output as a pro with no additional problems. The code is
        already in the old version and works (beside the fixed FTBFS
        with sndio).
        If you do not want us to include the additional outputs we can
        of cause just set a Conflicts but would be unhappy about it.

        Idepended on the kind of fix (Depends or Conflicts) this
        requires a new upload (1.0.0-6) as the problem is not yet
        completly fixed.
        John Ferlito prefers to wait for the new version of libroar
        (roaraudio) before he does his upload to make sure the problem
        is really fixed.

Hope you now have all informations you need. If not I'm happy to provide
the missing things.

It follows a commented diffstat for current trunk version of RoarAudio.
Changes to the release versions will only be minor changes like
changelog and todo list updates.

 ChangeLog                            |   11
 Makefile.inc                         |    4
 TODO                                 |   40 +
 configure                            |  119 ++++-
 dist/debian-like/defaults            |    7
 dist/debian-like/roaraudio           |   22 -
 doc/man1/roarmonhttp.1               |   17

 doc/new-cmds                         |  229 ++++++++++
 doc/standard/RoarAudio-3-0-ra-codecs |   89 ++++
 doc/standards                        |   30 +
 (Those docs are not used in the Debian package)

 include/libroar/beep.h               |   15
 include/libroar/error.h              |    4
 include/libroar/libroar.h            |    1
 include/libroar/roarx11.h            |    2
 include/libroar/socket.h             |   19
 include/libroar/stream.h             |   52 --

 include/libroar/vs.h                 |   99 ++++
 (Header for the new VS API, see above)

 include/libroardsp/convert.h         |   59 +-
 include/libroardsp/libroardsp.h      |    1
 include/libroardsp/resampler_poly3.h |   50 ++
 include/roaraudio.h                  |    4
 include/roaraudio/audio.h            |    9
 include/roaraudio/beep.h             |   49 ++
 include/roaraudio/socket.h           |   53 ++
 include/roaraudio/stream.h           |   56 ++
 libroar/Makefile                     |    2
 libroar/basic.c                      |    3
 libroar/error.c                      |  131 ++++++
 libroar/file.c                       |    5
 libroar/vio_select.c                 |   13

 libroar/vs.c                         |  549 +++++++++++++++++++++++++
 (Code file for the VS API, to disable only this and the header needs
  to be removed.)

 libroardsp/Makefile                  |    2
 libroardsp/convert.c                 |   64 ++
 libroardsp/resampler_poly3.c         |  239 +++++++++++
 libroardsp/transcode_celt.c          |   16
 libroaross/libroaross.c              |   80 +++
 plugins/.release-helper              |    4

 plugins/alsa/Makefile                |   15
 plugins/alsa/pcm_roar.c              |  493 ++++++++++++++++++++++
 plugins/alsa/roar.h                  |   26 +
 plugins/alsa/thread.c                |  184 ++++++++
 (This plugin is not used in the Debian package at all)

 plugins/bash/roaraudio               |  751++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 roarclients/roarctl.c                |    4
 roarclients/roarmonhttp.c            |   66 ++-
 roard/Makefile                       |    3
 roard/clients.c                      |   19
 roard/codecfilter_celt.c             |   23 +
 roard/driver.c                       |   10
 roard/driver_alsa.c                  |  310 ++++++++++----
 roard/emul_rsound.c                  |   37 +
 roard/include/driver.h               |    2
 roard/include/driver_alsa.h          |   11
 roard/include/output.h               |   10
 roard/include/roard.h                |   21
 roard/include/streams.h              |    1
 roard/roard.c                        |  100 ++++
 roard/streams.c                      |   28 -

Philipp.
 (Rah of PH2)