Re: Freeze exception (python-pylibacl, python-pyxattr)?

Iustin,

sorry for not coming back to you earlier.

On 08/07/2010 12:36 PM, Iustin Pop wrote:
Oh, these are old conflicts from etch (IIRC) from when the python policy
was to generate separate packages for each Python version, and I just
changed them to Breaks according to the policy 3.9.0.

I guess they can be dropped completely, but I wanted to do that only
after squeeze.

Did I misread the policy regarding when to use conflicts/breaks?

I don't think you should change those old Conflicts to Breaks, though. The issue is not transient and there is nothing to upgrade to. I have to admit that this new policy requirement was new to me, but considering that we had some trouble ensuring proper upgrade paths when Breaks were used, Conflicts seem more appropriate to leave.

But FWIW we do not support skipping stable releases. So if you are certain that they were not in Lenny (and already conflicted against), then you can just drop it.

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern