Re: Freeze exception (python-pylibacl, python-pyxattr)?

On Fri, Aug 06, 2010 at 02:49:47PM -0400, Philipp Kern wrote:
> Iustin,
>
> On 08/06/2010 01:11 PM, Iustin Pop wrote:
> >I uploaded these two packages yesterday, and I was hoping they will get
> >into testing. But I see now both marked as "Not touching package due to
> >block request by freeze". Even though they were uploaded yesterday :)
> >
> >The only difference from current testing version is the new -dbg
> >package, which eliminates the delta between Debian and Ubuntu. So it's
> >not a big issues if they don't migrate, but it would be nice…
>
> so what about this:
>
> -Conflicts: python2.3-pylibacl (<< 0.2.1-3.1), python2.4-pylibacl
> (<< 0.2.1-3.1)
> +Breaks: python2.3-pylibacl (<< 0.2.1-3.1), python2.4-pylibacl (<<
> 0.2.1-3.1)
>
> It's not mentioned in the changelog at all and I'm unsure what you
> want to achieve with that, given that neither of them is even in
> stable and also given that it would only help if there were actually
> a new version of them, no?
>
> Same for python-pyxattr...

Oh, these are old conflicts from etch (IIRC) from when the python policy
was to generate separate packages for each Python version, and I just
changed them to Breaks according to the policy 3.9.0.

I guess they can be dropped completely, but I wanted to do that only
after squeeze.

Did I misread the policy regarding when to use conflicts/breaks?

thanks,
iustin