Re: Future requirements for specifying supported Python versionsand transition support

* Scott Kitterman (debian@kitterman.com) [100626 23:51]:
> There is a bit of difference over how to specify which versions to build for,
> but if we don't need to expose it externally (and I don't see a case for
> this), then it's an internal matter for package build systems as long as they
> support a requirement that arch: any packages be binNMUable for new Python
> versions.

There are pre-ideas that we might be able to binNMU arch=all-packages
as well - nothing that will come too early, but it might be useful to
not depend on the fact that we only binNMU arch=any.

> We've discussed this pretty broadly on debian-python@l.d.o and in #debian-
> python, so I think we have "enough" buy-in.

In spite of some discussion I have seen, I haven't followed that
enough to have an own opinion. Anyways, I trust you that you do it
right - I was just stating what are the requirements of the release
team (and why), and I think they're sensible (and if not, please feel
free to say so).

Andi