Re: Future requirements for specifying supported Python versionsand transition support

* Piotr Ożarowski (piotr@debian.org) [100626 21:47]:
> > one thing that isn't clear for me, what is (or is there any) opinion
> > from doko / POX on this?
>
> I proposed the (optional and stripped down) X-Python-Version /
> X-Python3-Version field.
>
> To be honest, all we want to know is if release team still wants the
> XS-P-V and XB-P-V fields, the rest is implementation details (about
> which we will not ask release team for opinions ;-P)

I assume the release team wants something which makes the next transitions as
easy as possible, doesn't confuse people, and of course repects the
policy (e.g. if a packages dependencies are fullfiled, it needs to be
useable), and has enough buy-in within the debian python community (so
that we don't face 5 different incompatible implementations). Whatever
that means ;)

But perhaps allow the other team members to disagree with me if
necessary.

Andi