Re: Future requirements for specifying supported Python versionsand transition support

On Saturday, June 26, 2010 03:46:46 pm Piotr Ożarowski wrote:
> > one thing that isn't clear for me, what is (or is there any) opinion
> > from doko / POX on this?
>
> I proposed the (optional and stripped down) X-Python-Version /
> X-Python3-Version field.
>
> To be honest, all we want to know is if release team still wants the
> XS-P-V and XB-P-V fields, the rest is implementation details (about
> which we will not ask release team for opinions ;-P)
>
> PS Please CC me on replies

Thank you for the feedback.

My conclusion from this thread is I don't see any release team specific
requirements for Python information in Packages.{gz,bz2} or the binary control
file.  The release team is interested in Python transitions being "easy", but
doesn't have specific implementation requirements.

Anyone interested is welcome to join the discussion on Python policy
development on debian-python@l.d.o.

Scott K