Re: binnmus for libyaz transition

On 23/06/2010 22:52, Mehdi Dogguy wrote:
> @Vincent: It would be nice if you could remove the soname from the -dev
> package name. It's considered as a good practice and helps during
> transitions.

It depends if the API (not ABI) is broken or not. In this case (discussed
with upstream), they have changed the behavior of some functions without
changing the prototype. It is functions that are not often used (so
most software can be compiled with libyaz3 or libyaz4) but a check is
required. The API change is really wanted in this case.

> If there are no updates during the next 10 days, they (yaz+idzebra+friends)
> should be able to migrate together.

I will take care of this migration. I have to say that migration to testing
is not something I regularly check for my packages. With the upcoming
release, I will take more attention to that.

  Thanks for your NMU that would solved this problem, too.
  Regards,
    Vincent

--
Vincent Danjean                 Adresse: Laboratoire d'Informatique de Grenoble
Téléphone:  +33 4 76 61 20 11            ENSIMAG - antenne de Montbonnot