Re: Hints for libconfig-mvp-perl and related packages

On Mon, June 14, 2010 06:38, Ansgar@liszt.debian.org wrote:
> Also the packages need to be hinted as migrating them one by one is not
> possible as libconfig-mvp-perl breaks libdist-zilla-perl (and others)
> which again depend on libconfig-mvp-perl.
>
> hint libconfig-mvp-reader-ini-perl_2.101460-1
> libconfig-mvp-perl_2.101540-1  libdist-zilla-perl_3.101520-1
> libpod-weaver-perl_3.101460-1
> remove libconfig-ini-mvp-perl_0.024-1

s#_#/#g (i.e. libconfig-ini-mvp-perl/0.024-1)

> Maybe force-hint is required as libconfig-ini-mvp-perl is made
> uninstallable?  I do not understand entirely what the hints README says
> about this.

There's no force-hint needed in this case.

What happens is that britney starts from the position that the packages
contained in the "hint" should all be migrated and then checks whether any
other packages can be added or removed without increasing the overall
uninstallable package count in testing.

In this case, as a result of the "remove" hint, britney tries removing
libconfig-ini-mvp-perl which fails in the main run but succeeds after the
"hint" is processed as the new version of libdist-zilla-perl is considered
which no longer depends on libc-i-m-p.

I've added your hints (with the _ -> / change I mentioned) so the packages
should migrate today.

Regards,

Adam