Programming contribution.

Hy there,

I've read the "Bits from release team" e-mail, and there you were encourage everyone that wants to make part of the team.
I'm a programmer and sysadmin.
Although I've been programming for Windows over more than a decade, I've got very good background of Linux, because I'm a Linux sysadmin and I've also programed in Linux environment during my academic career, those were very goods days. I love C/C++, I don't do programming more often on those languages because professionaly I need Microsoft tecnologies, but I would love to make part of the team. I've tryed that a year ago, but at that time it was a very burocratic thing to do, nowadays it seems to be more practic. I know I have to read a lot to make myselfe confortable with all the open-source programming standards (license files, makefiles, folder structures, etc) and Debian way of doing things, but I'm very excited to start contributing to this wonderfull comunity.
Can you point me some good links to start?
What do I have to do to become a DD some day?

Best Regards,
Nuno Paquete