Re: tracker 0.8 transition

Am 12.04.2010 22:09, schrieb Josselin Mouette:
> Le lundi 12 avril 2010 à 18:35 +0200, Michael Biebl a écrit :
>> nautilus (2.28 links against libtrackerclient, 2.30 uses dlopen)
>
> Be it only for that, I’d prefer to do it after the gnome-desktop
> transition (which implies uploading nautilus, control-center and
> gnome-settings-daemon 2.30).

I'd be ok with uploading tracker 0.8 after the nautilus/gnome-desktop
transition.
pochu said on irc that the gnome-desktop transition should be a smaller one.

> The question remains, whether to do it before or after evolution, since
> it would be entangled with it.

Given David's input, I'd prefer to do the tracker transition before
evolution

> Question: have you checked whether nautilus 2.30 tracker support has the
> bug GTK+ originally had? It used to assume that when the library is
> available, the daemon is too, and didn’t try to make a connection to it.

No, I didn't. Will further investigate.

As an additional point:
Uploading totem 2.30 from experimental, will mean a new library
transition involving libtotem-pl-parser, which will entangle the two
transitions (tracker-extract depends on libtotem-pl-parser,
totem-plugins 2.30 would depend on libtracker-client-0.8).

An alternative would be, to upload totem 2.28 now and disable the
tracker-plugin. When tracker 0.8 has migrated to testing the
totem/totem-pl-parser 2.30 transition could be scheduled and the
tracker-plugin reenabled.
The benefit of this would be, to decouple the tracker from the
totem/totem-pl-parser transition.

slomo, should we do it that way? What's the release teams preference?

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?