Re: tracker 0.8 transition

On 12.04.2010 18:35, Michael Biebl wrote:
> catfish (search frontend, uses the command line interface of tracker-search)
..
> Both, the D-Bus interface and the library ABI/API, have changed.
..
> The rygel-tracker (co-)maintainer, Andreas Henriksson, told me, that upstream
> Git contains support for tracker 0.8 and he was either consider packaging a Git
> snapshot or dropping the rygel-tracker plugin, to not block the tracker-0.8
> transition.

To clarify this point:
Technically, rygel-tracker will not block the testing-migration as it doesn't
link against libtracker-client and so is not affected by the soname change.

As the D-Bus API has changed though, and rygel-tracker does not have a versioned
dependency (like tracker (>= 0.6), tracker (<< 0.8)), I will most likely add a
Breaks: rygel-tracker to the tracker package.

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?