hint: xz-utils/4.999.9beta+20091116-1, rpm/4.7.2-1, mupen64plus/1.5+dfsg1-7

Luk Claes wrote:
> Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:

>> I understand both obsolete another package (libzma0/libshogun5) but they
>> could peacefully coexist with the old package. So I don't understand why
>> they don't migrate to testing and are even listed not yet build on all
>> archs ...
>>
>> Or should I ask for RM: libshogun5 -- RoM ?
>
> The semi-automatic cruft removal seems to not have happened yet.

I had guessed a different reason: I assumed (wrongly?) that testing
only contains one version for each source package.

If that were so, it would mean:

xz-utils, rpm, and mupen64plus would have to transition to testing
together, since their old versions use liblzma0.

The mupen64plus upgrade is a binnmu.  I hope specifying the current
source version is good enough here.

If I understand bug #545720, the updated rpm fixes a grave bug that
makes python-rpm unusable when upgraded from lenny.  On the other
hand, rpm 4.7.1 has a too-weak dependency on rpm2cpio, which breaks
any package that depends on rpm for that functionality, a serious bug
(#559203).  It might be better to wait for rpm 4.7.2-1.

rpm 4.7.2-1 has been built on all architectures, but the mips/mipsel
builds are waiting for approval from a buildd admin.  Once that
happens, perhaps the following hint would be appropriate?

hint xz-utils/4.999.9beta+20091116-1 rpm/4.7.2-1 mupen64plus/1.5+dfsg1-7

I am just getting used to everything, so please correct me if I’ve
screwed up.

Thanks,
Jonathan