Re: any idea why xz-utils 4.999.9beta+20091016-1 and shogun 0.9.1-1 are not yet in unstable?

On Thu, 2009-12-10 at 11:51 +0100, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Soeren Sonnenburg <sonne@debian.org> (10/12/2009):

Dear Cyril,

I am afraid I don't fully understand.

> > Page http://qa.debian.org/excuses.php?package=xz-utils lists
> > xz-utils to be out of date on all archs even though it built
> > everywhere according to
> > https://buildd.debian.org/~luk/status/package.php?suite=unstable&p=xz-utils
>
> liblzma0 got replaced with liblzma1. Details can be found on:
>   http://wiki.debian.org/ftpmaster_Removals

But xz-utils (the source package) creates libzma1.

> > Same for shogun
>
> Same for shugun indeed: libshogun vs. libshogun6.

Same here shogun (the source package) creates libshogun6.

I understand both obsolete another package (libzma0/libshogun5) but they
could peacefully coexist with the old package. So I don't understand why
they don't migrate to testing and are even listed not yet build on all
archs ...

Or should I ask for RM: libshogun5 -- RoM ?

Soeren
--
For the one fact about the future of which we can be certain is that it
will be utterly fantastic. -- Arthur C. Clarke, 1962