Re: On cadence and collaboration

Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> Luk Claes wrote:
>
>> If the freeze date is well known in advance the question becomes moot
>> unless some maintainer wants to work against the freeze AFAICS. Having a
>> known freeze date is meant to help everyone to be able to plan better
>> and refrain from doing high impact changes right before the freeze.
>
> There is nothing bad with a fixed freeze date. Just with the way it was planned
> for December.

s/planned/announced/

It was and still is not meant as a decision, but as a proposal though
the announcement said otherwise due to miscommunication from my side
which I cannot undo unfortunately.

I'm not convinced that we will be able to freeze in December anymore and
I still want to talk to teams and people to see how their schedules can
fit in with a proposal of a new freeze date. I do consider that we
should delay the date significantly as many of the feedback already
received indicates that there is more time needed before we freeze.

Cheers

Luk