Re: On cadence and collaboration

Raphael Geissert <geissert@debian.org> (05/08/2009):
> Like some people said during Debconf: "freezing in December" doesn't
> necessarily mean freezing the first day or even the first week of
> December; the 31 is still December, which means there are 30 days to
> decide many things, if necessary.

Without having to resort to nitpicking on days, was the “freeze” term
define anywhere? My main question would be: will it be possible to e.g.
switch the default compiler right before the freeze and trigger possible
hundreds of serious FTBFS bugs? Or is some incremental freeze still
supposed to happen? (Putting -release in Cc to catch their attention.)

Mraw,
KiBi.