Re: scheduling ICU 4.2 transition

Philipp Kern <pkern@debian.org> wrote:

>> It's now been a full month since my first message about scheduling an
>> ICU 4.2 transition, and I have still not done an upload to unstable
>> because I am still waiting for a response.  Again, with the utmost
>> respect and admiration for the hard work being done by the release team,
>> I think the new policy of coordinating library transitions won't work if
>> the response time is so long.  Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the policy
>> and I should just upload to unstable?
>
> Please hold off if possible.  We are currently blocked with britney (the
> testing migration tool) not coping with the vast amount of to-be-migrated
> packages.  We hope to resolve this issue soon.
>
> However I agree that you should've get a reply.  We are a bit understaffed
> and that britney runs in circles currently really doesn't help.

Thank you for the response.  I will hold off.  Should I check in again
in a few weeks, or is there something specific I should be monitoring
before I check in again?  If there is a specific package or group of
packages that should migrate before I ask again, I'll just check the
status of those and not ask again until they are through.  Thanks!

--Jay