Re: stable-p-u: mdadm 2.6.7.2-2

also sprach Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org> [2009.05.04.0932 +0200]:
> >    * Provide an alternative (postfix) for mail-transport-agent
> >    (closes: #522300). I chose postfix because that's the only
> >    one I could recommend, and since the alternative does not
> >    affect people who already have an MTA installed, or have
> >    a preference, it won't affect them.
>
> This is broken.  The default mta in debian is exim4, whether you
> like it or not.  It has nothing to do with what you want to
> recommend.

If exim4 is installed, then the alternative is never used. If people
don't like postfix being pulled in by mdadm, they can choose
another MTA, including exim4. This is an improvement over the
current situation, which might pull in citadel-server instead.

Anyway, if this is what keeps the update from entering 5.0.2, I'll
obviously fix it.

Time to attack this ridiculous exim4 default choice. Monolithic
setuid approaches must die.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o>      Related projects:
: :'  :  proud Debian developer               http://debiansystem.info

it may look like i'm just sitting here doing nothing.
but i'm really actively waiting
for all my problems to go away.