Re: Graphicsmagick transition.

* Daniel Kobras [Tue, 31 Mar 2009 14:38:27 +0200]:

> Hi!

Hello,

> First of all: my apologies. I seem to have messed up the latest upload
> of graphicsmagick, which involves a SONAME bump and was therefore
> intended to go to experimental first, and indeed that's what the
> changelog entry lists. I didn't note, however, that the Distribution
> line in the changes file shows unstable, and that's where the packages
> now ended up. No idea how this has happened. Anyway, I've now
> involuntarily introduced a premature library transition in unstable. I'm
> very sorry about this, and I hope it didn't interfere too badly with any
> of the ongoing transitions. Do you want me upload an epoched version of
> the 1.2.4 packages previously in unstable to clear up the mess as soon
> as possible, or is it okay if I stick with 1.3.5 and try another upload
> to fix the current build errors?

No problem, mistakes happen. I don’t think an epoched upload is
warranted. It’s a small transitions, and does not intersect with any of
the upcoming transitions, so it’s okay.

It does intersect however with poppler, via pdf2djvu and koffice. But
these two have already been rebuilt for poppler, and will be able to
migrate soon. It’s a matter of not scheduling the graphicsmagick Bin-NMUs
before that. (Bcc'ing -wb-team just in case.)

I guess you’ll need a second sourceful upload to fix the current FTBFS.
Once that’s in place, we’ll take it from there.

- Are you sure we're good?
- Always.
        -- Rory and Lorelai