Re: [Debian GNUstep maintainers] GNUstep libraries soname bump

Adeodato Simó wrote:
> > (BTW, the GNUstep transition is also tied to the
> > libpoppler3->libpoppler4 transition via popplerkit.framework.)
>
> No, it is not, at least not as far as my SQL-fu can see. libpopplerkit0
> does not depend in any of the renamed libraries in the GNUstep transition,
> so it's free to migrate at will.

You are right that it doesn't depend on the GNUstep core libraries,
but it should.  See
http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2008/07/msg00068.html for some
explanation.  (Yes, these are bugs, IMVHO RC as per Policy 8.6.)

> Or do you know more about this than the Packages.gz files do? :-)

The other packages in this situation are gnustep-netclasses and
pantomime1.2.  If they don't get rebuilt, their reverse dependencies
(gnumail.app, lusernet.app, talksoup.app, viewpdf.app, etc.) will fail
miserably.