Re: GNUstep libraries soname bump

* Yavor Doganov [Sun, 08 Mar 2009 16:34:09 +0200]:

> Adeodato Simó wrote:
> > This transition is tied to the ffmpeg-debian transition via
> > lynkeos.app.  I think it's a pity you can't start working on an
> > otherwise very isolated transition because of that,

> I have a fixed package ready, but would like to do more testing.  I'll
> send a plea for sponsorship to -mentors tomorrow or latest on Tuesday.

Ah, great to hear, thanks.

> (BTW, the GNUstep transition is also tied to the
> libpoppler3->libpoppler4 transition via popplerkit.framework.)

No, it is not, at least not as far as my SQL-fu can see. libpopplerkit0
does not depend in any of the renamed libraries in the GNUstep transition,
so it's free to migrate at will. Or do you know more about this than the
Packages.gz files do? :-)

Thanks,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

- I love you, Shirley, I'm not ashamed to say.
- If you love me, then you'll want me to be happy. Even if I'm not with you.
- I don't love you that much.
                -- Denny Crane and Shirley Schmidt