Re: Clarification about oportunistic l10n updates for stable

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 11:46:28AM +0100, Philipp Kern wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 02:56:32AM +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> > During a discussion about future translation work for dpkg [0], we
> > wondered what was the actual policy regarding oportunistic translation
> > updates if a stable update would have to be prepared anyway for an RC or
> > security bug.
> I would not like to see updates just for l10n, but if you prepare an
> upload for proposed-updates anyway it's fine IMHO.  I do not think that
> we see (more than a few maybe) updates for l10n through security, though.

Maybe also another little remark: your updates must not require any changes
to the build system and touch anything else than .po files, in this case.
We still need to keep the potential for regressions low.

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern
--
 .''`.  Philipp Kern                        Debian Developer
: :' :  http://philkern.de                         Release Assistant