Clarification about oportunistic l10n updates for stable

Hi!

During a discussion about future translation work for dpkg [0], we
wondered what was the actual policy regarding oportunistic translation
updates if a stable update would have to be prepared anyway for an RC or
security bug.

I've digged a bit but cannot find a definitive answer [1], from the
developers-reference [2] I'd say no, but from an old bits from the
stable release team [3] I'd say yes. Could you please clarify this for
us?

thanks,
guillem

[0] http://lists.debian.org/debian-dpkg/2009/02/msg00008.html