Drafting dedication-5.0.txt

Hi,

I'd like to push forward the idea of putting a formal dedication text
for Lenny on our mirrors, along with signatures.

I'm currently ill (cold) so I won't be available 24/7, but I'm willing
to do the coordination and collect signatures.

Here's a rough timeline:

1. Fix content -- due: 2009-02-06
2. Call for signatures and translations (d-d-a)
3. Finish collecting signatures -- due: 2009-02-11
4. Hand over files to ftp-masters

Currently the text is a copy of the debian-news announcement [1] with
some minor editing. Please add any improvements to the wiki page [2].

[1] http://www.debian.org/News/2008/20081229
[2] http://wiki.debian.org/Release/DedicationLenny

Lenny dedicated to Thiemo Seufer
--------------------------------

The Debian Project has lost an active member of its community. Thiemo Seufer
died on December 26th 2008 in a tragic car accident.

Thiemo was involved in Debian in many ways. He has maintained several packages
and was the main supporter of the Debian port to the MIPS architectures. He was
also a member of our kernel team, as well as a member of the Debian Installer
team. His contributions reached far beyond the Debian project. He also worked
on the MIPS port of the Linux kernel, the MIPS emulation of qemu, and far too
many smaller projects to be named here.

Thiemo's work, dedication, broad technical knowledge and ability to share this
with others will be missed. The contributions of Thiemo will not be forgotten.
The high standards of Thiemo's work make it hard to pick up.

To honour his contributions to Debian, the project dedicates the release of
Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 "Lenny" to Thiemo.

-- The Debian Developers

Christoph
--