Re: Remove sshguard from testing?

* Jonathan Wiltshire [Wed, 28 Jan 2009 16:51:38 +0000]:

> sshguard is useful to me, and I'd like to see it stay in, but in its
> current state of neglect it's probably not practical. My offer to co-maintain
> still stands, but I doubt a new upstream will make it into lenny at this
> late stage. RM's view would be welcome.

It's sad, but the way it's working out for Lenny is that we won't allow
the new upstream version, sorry.

If you really care about the package, and since it's being embarrassingly
(and silently) not taken care of, I invite/urge you to start maintaining
it via NMUs to the DELAYED queue, and eventually hijack it. We can't
really afford waiting forever for an answer from a person that is not
taking care of their responsibilities, when we have caring people willing
to step in.

Thanks,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there
is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy with the proof.
                -- J.K. Galbraith