Re: Status of lenny transition?

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 28.01.2009, 08:15 -0600 schrieb John Goerzen:
> I notice that the packages I uploaded for the ghc 6.8.2dfsg1 transition
> -- which were apparently needed urgently -- are still just sitting in
> unstable, and have not migrated to lenny.  When will this happen?

AFAIK, luk is the member of the release team responsible for the ghc
migration, you can probably ask him. My guess would be that there are
some package not built everywhere yet. Theoretically, one can find out
here:
http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/update_output.txt
after
Trying hint from luk: ghc6/6.8.2dfsg1-1
But I don’t understand that output fully.

I’m CCing debian-release: Luk, is there anything missing from our side?

> I ask because I am near to releasing HDBC 2.0, and obviously can't
> upload it to unstable until the version that needs to go to lenny has
> migrated. I have several other packages already waiting on this as
> well.

I suggest you upload that to experimental. At least it’s the lesson I
learned from the ghc6 issue: Only put stuff in sid that is somewhat
suitable for the current testing, even if frozen (or maybe NEW stuff). I
was just lucky that my packages, who have seen new versions in unstable,
are not affected by the transition.

Thanks,
Joachim
--