Re: Remove sshguard from testing?

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 02:25:41AM +1000, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> Given #495683 is months old, and the maintainer hasn't commented on it, and
> it's never been in a stable release, should it just get removed from
> testing?

I made enquiries [1] about sshguard earlier this month, offering to
co-maintain with the current maintainer. His sponsor replied [2] to say that
Ernesto was working on an upload, but it hasn't been seen yet.

sshguard is useful to me, and I'd like to see it stay in, but in its
current state of neglect it's probably not practical. My offer to co-maintain
still stands, but I doubt a new upstream will make it into lenny at this
late stage. RM's view would be welcome.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-qa/2009/01/msg00026.html
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-qa/2009/01/msg00039.html

--
Jonathan Wiltshire

PGP/GPG: 0xDB800B52 / 4216 F01F DCA9 21AC F3D3  A903 CA6B EA3E DB80 0B52