Re: Please unblock debian-cd

* Frans Pop [Mon, 12 Jan 2009 21:26:05 +0100]:

> (Resend with proper address for the list.)

> Hi,

> I've just uploaded a new version of debian-cd which will be used to build
> CD images for Lenny, so please

> unblock debian-cd/3.1.0

Okay. This is a very big update, but well, I guess it's reasonable that
debian-cd is special in the way d-i is.

> As the new version contains a few structural changes to improve support
> for installing various desktop environments [1], packages that use
> debian-cd may now be broken.

> You can therefore also expect an update very soon of simple-cdd, which
> will also be targeted at Lenny.

Ok. I've increased aging period for debian-cd by two days so that
there's time for the just-uploaded simple-cdd to age its time, and the
two can migrate together. This is a lightweight approach; if it's very
important that debian-cd doesn't migrate on its own, please let me know
and I'll keep a closer look.

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

Mankind are very odd creatures: one half censure what they practice, the
other half practice what they censure; the rest always say and do as
they ought.
                -- Michel de Montaigne