Re: Please unblock avahi 0.6.23-2

[Steve Langasek]
> Why do sequence numbers matter for *dependency*-based boot sequences?

Ah, I thought this was common knowledge, and forgot to make it clear.
See
<URL:http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2008/01/msg00004.html>
and my talk at FOSDEM 2008 (linked inn from
<URL:http://wiki.debian.org/LSBInitScripts/DependencyBasedBoot>) for
more information on how this work.  In time, we can use a make-like
system to run things in the correct order based on their dependencies,
but this is not yet implemented in Debian.  The startpar system for
concurrent boot execution allow for this, but the dependencies in
Debian are not yet robust enough to enable it, and the boot scripts
are not prepared for it either. :)

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen