please consider python2.4 / python2.4-doc for testing
python2.4 (2.4.6-1) unstable; urgency=medium
* New upstream release (security fixes only).
- Prevent expandtabs() on string and unicode objects from causing a
segfault when a large width is passed on 32-bit platforms.
CVE-2008-5031. Closes: #507317.
- Remove patches applied upstream.
* Avoid bashisms in example script. Closes: #489648.
* Don't include extensions in the package, which did fail to build.
compared to the 2.4.5 release, 2.4.6 has security updates only; all
changes besides the fix for 507317 were already applied in 2.4.5-6.
the change not to include extensions in the package, which did fail to
build was seen with a local build with tcl8.5/tk8.5 installed.
the corresponding python2.4-doc upload just updates the version number.