Re: Pre-approval for scim NMU

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 10:24:53AM +0800, Deng Xiyue wrote:
> Hi Release Managers:
>
> I'd like to prepare an NMU for scim to fix bug#434180[1], which causes lock
> up with setting "/FrontEnd/X11/Dynamic = false" in various programs when
> using {GTK,QT}_IM_MODULE=xim.  Changing that setting to "true" helps,
> but will disable support for deadkeys.  The patch[2] provided by the
> maintainer has been tested at my place for a long enough period with no
> regression, and it'll be really beneficial to have this bug fixes for
> Lenny.  So I'd like to ask for approval to upload from Release Managers,
> and, as it fixes important bug, a pre-approval for Lenny freeze
> exception.
>
> However, the main maintainer Ming Hua seems quite busy these days, and
> my last followup[3] to the bug CCing Osamu several weeks ago hasn't be
> replied.  So, though the package is not listed in LowNMU list, I'd also
> like to ask Release Team for the permission to prepare an NMU.  CCing
> Ming Hua and Osamu Aoki in case it can got their attention.

If this patch is tested to be working fine and Release Managers OK this
action, I am happy for you to upload this.

Please also make sure not to cause negative impact to other dependent
packages.  (You have option to NMU or binNMU those too.)

> [1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=434180
> [2] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?msg=59;filename=scim-xim-block.patch;att=1;bug=434180
> [3] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=434180#68

I am looking for people to take over Ming's position as C/C++ code
maintainer of this package.  If you are interested, please join for
maintainance of SCIM family of packages I have:
 http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=osamu@debian.org

Osamu

Please note not only Ming but Anthony is slow these days.