Pre-approval for scim NMU

Hi Release Managers:

I'd like to prepare an NMU for scim to fix bug#434180[1], which causes lock
up with setting "/FrontEnd/X11/Dynamic = false" in various programs when
using {GTK,QT}_IM_MODULE=xim.  Changing that setting to "true" helps,
but will disable support for deadkeys.  The patch[2] provided by the
maintainer has been tested at my place for a long enough period with no
regression, and it'll be really beneficial to have this bug fixes for
Lenny.  So I'd like to ask for approval to upload from Release Managers,
and, as it fixes important bug, a pre-approval for Lenny freeze
exception.

However, the main maintainer Ming Hua seems quite busy these days, and
my last followup[3] to the bug CCing Osamu several weeks ago hasn't be
replied.  So, though the package is not listed in LowNMU list, I'd also
like to ask Release Team for the permission to prepare an NMU.  CCing
Ming Hua and Osamu Aoki in case it can got their attention.

Thanks.

Regards,
Deng Xiyue

[2] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?msg=59;filename=scim-xim-block.patch;att=1;bug=434180