Re: Please allow postgresql-8.3 8.3.4-1 into Lenny

Adeodato Simó [2008-10-02 17:59 +0200]:

> AFAIK, the time when "updates that can be done via unstable are not
> allowed via unstable, but are allowed via t-p-u", does not exist.

Right, I supposed as much. However, I thought I'd ask to make sure. :)

> (But then, I agree that having testing freeze guidelines that are
> seemingly stricter than stable's, which is what created this confusion
> in the first place, is not good. Something to look out for.)

In some cases this makes sense, at least from my own experience as
Ubuntu release manager. A few days before the release there are bugs
which are perfectly fine as stable updates, but which aren't worth
holding up the release, rolling new CDs, and starting testing of them
all over again.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Martin