Re: Heads-up: source compliance for D-I build dependencies

Thanks for picking up on this Adeodato.

On Thursday 02 October 2008, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> > This is only true for udebs that are included in installer initrds,
> > but as that varies per type of image and architecture it does need to
> > be checked on a case-by-case basis.
> > Examples: parted would be OK, openssh not.
>
> Ok. (I'm sure it's clear that a package becomes "non-uploadable" by
> just being included in a single one-arch/one-tpe combination.)

The limitation here is not uploading, but migration to testing.

> Can we get a list of these? (Or a pointer to one.)

That should not really be needed as the D-I RM will (or at least should)
just NACK any unblock requests for relevant packages. Although it could
be relevant for the RT when they are asked if a change would be
acceptable before uploading.
I just wanted to point out that this is an added limitation on top of
the "normal" limitation of "could break the current release of the
installer".

However, a full list of udebs (excluding kernel udebs) included in images
for the current D-I release can be obtained using e.g:
$ ssh merkel.debian.org
$ cd /org/ftp.debian.org/ftp/dists/testing/main
$ cat installer-*/current/images/MANIFEST.udebs | \
  grep -v -- "-di$" | sort -u

Note: if this command is run now the list will of course be for D-I Beta2
and not yet for RC1 as that is still to be uploaded and migrated!