Re: enchant NMU

* Paul Wise [Tue, 30 Sep 2008 15:47:25 +0800]:

> I intend to NMU enchant to fix #499710 (shlibs need updating, debdiff attached).

> Should I go ahead with this?

Yes, please.

> Once the upload is done, these packages will need a binNMU:

> abiword_2.6.4-5
> conglomerate_0.9.1-3.1
> empathy_0.23.3-2
> gedit_2.22.3-1
> gtkspell_2.0.13-1
> katoob_0.5.9.1-1.1
> kde4libs_4:4.1.0-3
> screem_0.16.1-4.2
> stardict_3.0.1-4
> subtitleeditor_0.21.1-2+b1

> Another two have different versions in sid/lenny, so will need multiple binNMUs:

> pyenchant_1.3.1-2
> pyenchant_1.4.2-1
> epiphany-browser_2.22.3-3
> epiphany-browser_2.22.3-4

Did you compose these lists by looking at what packages build-depend on
libenchant, or looking at what packages depend on libenchant?

I did the latter, and I don't get conglomerate nor empathy, though I get
libsexy.

(The painfully correct way to see what needs binNMUing would be
something else, seeing if anybody uses the symbol in question, or at
least what packages where built against the buggy version. But given the
small number of involved packages, I think it's a fair trade between
buildd power and DD time.)

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

«¡Pero si es tan español que debe de tener el cerebro en forma de botijo,
con pitorro y todo!»
                -- Javier Cercas, “La velocidad de la luz”