Re: apt freeze exception

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 12:26:53AM +0200, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
> Michael Vogt <mvo@debian.org> writes:
> > apt (0.7.15~exp1) experimental; urgency=low
> [...]
> > Please review and give me feedback.
>
> This doesn't touch #400768 (which now hits all Debian users with a
> german locale), #474947 and #465241. While the changes in 0.7.15 seem
> fine, we (and that means preferably you, as apt maintainer) need to
> tackle the outstanding apt rc bugs soon.

Thanks for your review and feedback. I will follow up in the
individual bugreports. Sorry that I'm not that active currently in the
bug triage/followup work, RL is pretty demanding right now :/

Apt is team maintained and that the source is available in bzr. Help
is very welcome.

I guess it does make sense to upload the current version and work on
the issues that are left in a new 0.7.16 upload?

> Embarassingly enough, none of these rc bugs has received any attention
> From the apt team in the past three months - are you planning to change
> that, or should we start organizing a NMU to fix these issues?

I plan to work on them but I would welcome help. The source is
available via:
$ bzr get http://bzr.debian.org/apt/apt/debian-sid/

I don't have strong feelings against NMUs but I would prefer to see
patches or (bzr) branches for the fixes to keep the bzr tree and the
version in the archive in sync.

For quick turnaround I'm available pretty much all of the (european)
daytime on irc (oftc and freenode).

Cheers,
 Michael