Re: freeze exception for pdnsd 1.2.6-par-9

* Pierre Habouzit [Wed, 13 Aug 2008 10:43:38 +0200]:

> On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 09:55:22PM +0000, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> > * Pierre Habouzit [Tue, 12 Aug 2008 17:14:08 +0200]:

> > > +  * Change the debconf template default to Manual to allow smooth migrations
> > > +    from stable (Closes: #494652).

> > Hm; I'm not particularly knowledgeable in debconf, but is not the bug
> > that changing the default overwrites the existing configuration, rather
> > than the default having changed?

>   FWIW I don't trust debconf for this, and takes what the user set in
> /etc/default/pdnsd, even if debconf thinks otherwise. So whatever change
> this has on the debconf registry content, I don't care, pdnsd should
> behave fine.

>   For new installs though, it'll do what intended.

> > (I ask because if the above remains true, you'll never be able to change
> > the default, which is bad. OTOH it could very well be that the "full
> > fix" is too complex for this stage of the freeze, so I'll happily take
> > that as an answer. :-)

>   I believe the fix is the proper one knowing what I just said about
> pdnsd.config ;)

Ok, unblocked.

(Though if the value is always read from /etc/default, I don't
understand how changing the debconf value has anything to do with it.)

Cheers,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

Any life, no matter how long and complex it may be, is made up of a
single moment: the moment in which a man finds out, once and for all,
who he is.
                -- Jorge Luis Borges