Re: request ublock for releaseforge/1.3-1

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 01:22:32PM +0100, Neil McGovern wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 09, 2008 at 07:07:35PM -0400, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> > I would like to renew my request for a freeze exception.
> >

> Basically, no. If you have some specific fixes for RC bugs, these may be
> considered via t-p-u. If not, would you like me to go ahead with the
> removal hint indicated earlier?

Well, it has already been removed.  It was hinted out by dato.

But let me make sure that I understand what is going on.

deliciousapi 1.5.0 was allowed in to Lenny [0]:

 Without letting this in to Lenny, deliciousapi would have been usesless
 to users for the entire life of Lenny.

openssh 5.1p1 was allowd into Lenny [1]:

 Colin noted: "I've had a lot of requests for OpenSSH 4.9 or better in
 lenny, since it adds the much-clamoured-for ChrootDirectory feature."

 So, not even fixing bugs, but providing a new desirable feature.

swfdec 0.6.8 was allowed into Lenny [2]:
 Excluding changes to tests and docs:

 Withholding these fixes would not have made the package useless for
 current users.

samba 3.2.1 was allowed into Lenny [3]:

 Additionally, vorlon noted: "while this is not guaranteed to be a
 bugfix only branch, the changes here are not extraneous."

The changes to releaseforge look like this:

 Of that, only 128 lines is not related to #492933.  The unrelated
 change has to do with handling Multipart POST so that text (uploaded
 for changelog, release notes and project news) can be properly
 encoded and not let things like ampersands cause failed uploads.

 So, I could back out the 128 lines for the multipart post handling, but
 in the spirit of allowing fixes to unfiled important bugs into Lenny, I
 think that it should be left in.

 Besides, removing releaseforge from testing now leaves its Etch users
 without a working supported upgrade path and without a working package
 in the release at all.

 Since deliciousapi was allowed to go into Lenny (instead of being
 removed like releaseforge), I would like to ask for some consistency on
 the part of the release team.

Regards,

-Roberto

[0] http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2008/08/msg00309.html