Re: Request for freeze exception for maxima

* Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt [Mon, 04 Aug 2008 19:44:52 +0200]:

> David Bremner <bremner@unb.ca> writes:
> > maxima 5.13.0-3.2 was an NMU instigated by me, that used SBCL to build
> > maxima.  This fixed several (important and serious) bugs, but left
> > maxima with a tight versioned dependency on sbcl, and restricted
> > maxima to building on alpha, amd64, i386, mips, mipsel, powerpc, and
> > sparc.

> > maxima 5.15.0-2

> he@ries:~$ debdiff ftp/pool/main/m/maxima/maxima_5.13.0-3.2.dsc ftp/pool/main/m/maxima/maxima_5.15.0-2.dsc  | diffstat
> [...]
>  1345 files changed, 261816 insertions(+), 150240 deletions(-)

> Rejected. And annoyed.

This means, however, that maxima is left with RC bugs in testing that
can't be fixed via unstable (hooray!, Camm). [Unless that the newer GCL
available now has magically made them disappear, do you know if that's
the case or not?]

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

                            Listening to: Van Morrison - What would I do