Re: grub 0.97-44

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 01:44:51PM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:

> Pierre Habouzit <madcoder@debian.org> writes:
>
> > On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 08:11:39PM +0000, Robert Millan wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> The PTS indicates that 0.97-42/0.97-43 wouldn't migrate normally, so I'm
> >> forced to merge my request with the one for -44 (even though -42 and -43
> >> don't meet the criteria, since they were uploaded before the freeze).
> >>
> >> Anyway, please consider approving grub 0.97-44.
> >
> >   Ack if d-i has no issues with it.
>
> No objection (if it is deal as a normal priority upload and we wait 10
> days for unblock)

Hi,

Note the test exposure of grub in unstable is minimal, since it's not used
by D-I and therefore only affects people who run grub-install manually.

Given the above, and that bugs like #492213, #451701 and #491076 make
grub 0.97-41 unfit for release, I'd recommend that this 10 day delay is
reconsidered, since we're unlikely to catch any potential trouble that
affects new installs in that period, and this only means less time for
actual testing.

(I can understand, however, if you are concerned about the changes other
than these bugfixes, but AFAICS they're pretty straightforwarded).

--
Robert Millan