[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: gnucash advice request take two

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 05:59:40PM +0200, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> > > 3) Upload 2.2.6 when it releases, and get that into testing.
> > >     Advantage: Gives known-working HBCI with widely testing code.
> > >     Disadvantage: Requires freeze exemption.

> > Nack.

>   Scratch that, what we said earlier still holds, I didn't remembered
> you contacted us 2 weeks ago already. Please ping us back later when the
> new upstream is here for real so that we can decide what we do.

according to upstream, releases in 2.2.x series "bugfix" releases, so it
should be a relatively safe option IMHO. meanwhile, I suggest preparing
a svn spanshot release to experimental, so users can test it for
regressions before 2.2.6is set to stone.

"rm -rf" only sounds scary if you don't have backups

Reply to: