gnucash advice request take two

It turns out that the upload of an HBCI-supporting gnucash which I made
was missing some important patches.  (See recent gnucash bugs by Micha
Lenk for details.)  I am not entirely confident there are not other such
problems.  This seems to me to be a poor way to go.

What I would most like to do is upload gnucash 2.2.6, which is expected
in a week or so.  But that will require an freeze exemption from the
release team.

So there are three options:

1) Leave 2.2.4-1 in testing.
   Advantage: Relatively stable.
   Disadvantage: Has bugs which have been fixed upstream. Screws HBCI
users.

2) Apply the further patches waiting on 2.2.4-2, and upload 2.2.4-3
which should get into testing.
    Advantage: Preserves HBCI support for users, assuming that this set
of patches will really do the trick.  Has not received wide testing.
    Disadvantage: Brittle strategy for maintenance.

3) Upload 2.2.6 when it releases, and get that into testing.
    Advantage: Gives known-working HBCI with widely testing code.
    Disadvantage: Requires freeze exemption.

Thomas