Re: Freeze exception for dpkg 1.14.18

Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Hi,

Hi

> On Sat, 26 Apr 2008, Andreas Barth wrote:

[snipping stuff about the past as what's in the past cannot be changed,
lets move on]

>> If you think the release team is wrong, then please try to convince us.
>
> I did argument my point. I didn't ask for random new features, I asked
> only for:
> - some bugfixes (example: #476113)
>   (we can work with a RM/RA to see if a given bugfix is ok)

Did see the diff of all the changes in the mean time. This one looks ok
to include in the upload.

> - regressions (example: #477784)

Looks ok to include.

> - changes to the code that is not used in lenny (new source package
>   format, I see HE acknowledged that part -- thanks)

Ok.

> - and one particular design change in the way dpkg-source
>   interprets the Format: field because otherwise we'll be stuck
>   forever with something that I don't like much
>   (see patch attached for the details)

I would appreciate if a succesful test scenario could be shown though
looks fine in general.

Cheers

Luk