Re: brltty: Re: Blocking uploads of packages involved in the Python 2.5 transition

Hello Mario,

> Due to the recent removal of java-gcj-compat-dev on alpha, my
> python 2.5 transition upload of brltty (3.9-7) fails to
> build on alpha, and therefore will fail to migrate to testing.

java-gcj-compat-dev is to be removed, but hasn't yet. I would really
really like to avoid an upload at this point, because the more uploads
there are, the bigger the chances of having *something* delay the

So, let's see if the alpha buildd manages to build brltty, and if it
doesn't, we'll talk about an upload, ok?

> so additionally, I'd like to have the 10 day
> waiting period reduced for this upcoming upload, so that brltty can
> quickly go to testing, avoiding further breakage of rdepends as
> soon as python 2.5 enters testing as default python (gnome-orca
> will break in testing if python goes to 2.5 and brltty is not updated
> to a version built with python2.5 yet).

Don't worry about this at all: the testing migration scripts won't allow
python going to 2.5 in testing without migrating with brltty at the same

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org
                              Listening to: Placebo - Hang On To Your IQ