brltty: Re: Blocking uploads of packages involved in the Python 2.5 transition

Hi Release-Team!

Adeodato Simó <dato@net.com.org.es> writes:

> We're currently trying to migrate Python 2.5 as default to testing,
> which involves a lot of packages -- including some unrelated ones

[...]

> This means that uploads will be rejected by dak, but it does not mean
> that you can't **coordinate with us to make an upload**. The idea is to
> prevent disturbing uploads, but if you have something that it's important
> to upload (like fixes for RC bugs), please mail debian-release@l.d.o and
> we'll talk.

Due to the recent removal of java-gcj-compat-dev on alpha, my
python 2.5 transition upload of brltty (3.9-7) fails to
build on alpha, and therefore will fail to migrate to testing.

I'd like to ask for an exception of this blockage so that I can fix #477848.
I already exclude java bindings on three other archs, its basically just
adding a 4th one, so additionally, I'd like to have the 10 day
waiting period reduced for this upcoming upload, so that brltty can
quickly go to testing, avoiding further breakage of rdepends as
soon as python 2.5 enters testing as default python (gnome-orca
will break in testing if python goes to 2.5 and brltty is not updated
to a version built with python2.5 yet).

--
Thanks,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>