Re: Release Transitions

Mike Hommey wrote:
Just a small remark. Not that it bothers me particularly, especially
with the announcement of a transition that impacts 3 of the packages I
(co)maintain (they don't require new express uploads), uploading some of
my packages take a significant amount of time, and I would rather these
uploads be put in a delayed queue than rejected.

support of checking before an upload is planned in dput, #477919[1], maybe that helps to mitigate your concerns about upload time. Depending on how things play out with transition blocks, adding a queue of the type you is an option to be considered, but we would probably want to wait a moment before implementing this.

Kind regards

T.